- 1/4 cup Macadamia Nuts (37g), plus additional for garnish
- 1 1/2 Cups Cilantro, lightly packed
- 1/2 tsp Fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp Fresh lime juice
- 2-3 Tbsp Coconut oil, melted
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Fillets of Mahi Mahi(12oz)
- Pineapple chunks, for skewering
2. LET'S DO IT:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and place the macadamia nuts on a small baking sheet.
- Bake the nuts until they are toasted and goldenbrown, about 10-12 minutes.
- Add the nuts into a small food processor and process until they are slightly crumbly.
- Add in the cilantro, ginger, and lime juice.
- Process until the cilantro is broken down.
- Add in 2 Tbsp of melted coconut oil and process until well combined. You may add additional oil if you like it runnier.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cut the Mahi Mahi into large chunks and place into a medium bowl.
- Pour half of the pesto on top of the fish and stir until the fish is well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Divide the fish and add as much pineapple as you want evenly between two skewers.
- Place the skewers on the grill and cook until the fish is white throughout and the pineapple has nice grill marks – about 2-4 minutes per side.
- Serve the skewers with the remaining pesto and top with remaining toasted macadamia nuts.